Wednesday 27 March 2013

Goodbye MCR, Damn Good Show

After 12 years of music churned out by our favourite dark haired lyrical genius' it has come to and end. Months before the release of Gerard Way's next instalment to the Umbrella Academy comic series, the band released the news through a blog post on their website;

A matter of weeks after their final part of "Conventional Weapons" had been released, the shocking news has wracked the Internet. I will miss them, as for me (as with many people of my generation) they were the first band I really got into. They were the first band I could devote to, could collect their albums and be part of a fandom.

I will miss their presence, but I hope whatever they do from here on out. Will we ever see their names again? I think so.

From this blog and all it's followers; I lost my fear of falling, I will be with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment