Thursday 7 February 2013

I'll Shut Up About My Job Soon

Another day at work, some more noticeable happenings.

A lady customer came to pay and opened her purse to reveal a speech-bubble-shaped postit note on which was written just the word "Easter!"
Just in case it was a forgettable time of year for someone who goes shopping, perhaps she has others with "Christmas!" and "My Birthday!" written on them... just incase.

Last Saturday was very weird for me. It was, what I like to call, a "No Bag Day"
Whatever you think it means, it probably does. No one wanted a bag that day. and to be honest, the continual rejection ("Would you like a bag?" --- "No, thank you) was sort of heartbreaking in a meaningless sort of way.
If heartbreak can be meaningless- I found it.


I have also come to create my own conspiracy theory on the matter of change. Not change, the hypothetical occurance of something becoming different, but monetary change.
If a customer has been holding their pennies so long, they practically stick to their hands when they come to hand them over- they tend to be the nicest people. The old ladies who want to know how you are, the jolly men who wish you a pleasant day.
On the flipside, the snoot-bag women with stone-cold money are the most unpleasant.

Just a conspiracy, but one I tend to gauge conversation on.
"How's your day going?" *recieves freezing change* "Oh, nevermind, I don't expect a pleasant answer"


No comments:

Post a Comment