Monday 29 July 2013

Why Do We Need School?

I've been teaching all this week and I have a couple of things I wanna get off my chest.

One.
This picture drives me insane.
I couldn't find anything to suggest this was a joke. Unfortunately, it seems to have disappeared from tumblr too... Interestingly.
I find everything it states really difficult to get on with. Morally and because, respectively; Youtube blocks a lot of very good music videos from being viewed within "certain zones"
You ever jogged on a wii? How many muscle-names did you learn?
If you're still watching Dora at 14/15, you should probably consider buying some new channels for your digital box.
The English one, I'm not even going to justify with any sort of humour. It's disgusting.
Calculators have their place, until you're caught without one. And not being able to do basic maths in your head will hinder your later life.
Where on earth sells globes now? (See what I did there)
and history, although I do believe we should split the history curriculum with a lesson on patriotism or "Future" and we learn what to expect to be seeing and learn how to use it, we learn from past mistakes. 

Secondly.
This video also drives me up the wall.

In no way can I argue with a lot of what this boy says, a lot of it is true.
The one main problem I have with this, is that he doesn't want exams to rule his life... but he can't pronounce the word "Asking"... That's what school's for, kids.
and I'm supposed to be part of the generation he's speaking for, and it makes me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment