Friday 31 August 2012

He Had The Same Shoes As Me!

I popped up to the Glopho office yesterday to go and see the "gang" (They're much too classy to be called homees, but let's role with that for now) and nearly missed lunch because of the sudden conversation that grew from the great over-see-er in the corner about tax, taxes and why the tax system sucks.

It boiled down to the fact that I want to ram him, Jeremy Kyle and Boris Johnson in a room, get them pissed and then get them to fix the country because frankly, after they're done- we'll all be rich and big companies (Google came up a lot) will be paying all of the tax because they can afford to and us lot can't.

He made a good example of where the tax system fails, actually and that is an old woman who has lived in Chiswick, London for the last 35 years in the same house bought it when it was very affordable. Since living there, because of the changes that have gone on around her, the house is now worth a whopping 2mil and just because of that, that'll mean she's paying more tax.

Ridiculous.

Lots of people would say "Well, sell the house and then you can afford tax" She's on a teacher's pension at the moment so taxes effect her as much as they do us.
She shouldn't have to leave the house she's lived in for years, the house she shared with her  husband who then became "late" (Never understood the term when someone's "late" means to be dead... I did actually look it up once and it's literally just because we're SO British, we can't stand saying someone's "Dead" it's better to say they're "late"... it's softer I think. We're such a sensitive bunch...) She has family and friends where she is and it's just unreasonable she should be made to pay more. Yes, she has assets, but "They're not liquifiable" Over-see-er said. It's not her fault that her house is worth a lot.

It's also come to my attention that dying has become one of the most expensive things to do--- in your... uh... life...?
£4,000 for the average funeral these days. Cheesus.
[Whilst looking for those links littered above, I found this one, might be worth a morbid chuckle: 5 Most Expensive Funerals in the World]

Well that was all very new-sy. One more new-sy one today [I've been listening to the radio, can you tell?] and the name of this blog was from the train journey home last night. I was sat on the floor of the train due to lack of seats opposite a man I'd never met before and he had stolen my shoes [He was wearing the same ones as me] I mean. How dare he.

                                                                 ^My shoe   ^Dirty Bastard's shoe
I was a bit of a stalker and took these without his permission. But let me tell you this:




No comments:

Post a Comment