Friday 30 November 2012

Let's All Take Up F.A.G Breaks!

My Mother's idea of a cult: "A minority craze"

An insightful week at work this week in WHSmiths. A day when I was so tired, I spent the day in a dazed state doing whatever seemed normal. I was sat on tills all day which made brainless work easy.

Around 2pm, a customer bought a pack of 20 cigarettes for about £9 and complained that the weather outside made her feel horrible and that she "needed a fag break" She then exclaimed about the price of said "Fags" and left.

The customer after her wins Pasta's "Thought-provoking quote of the week" award. He looked disgustingly at the last customer and said this:

"You can buy 20 chocolate bars for £9, surely if you're going to wreck your health, you may as well do it with something that tastes nice"

In my dazed state, I smiled and bagged his newspaper, sending him on his way. About an hour later, when his words had processed- I had the fantastic thought.

Freddos are great. You can get them in packs of 20, everyone likes them. I even know people who are allergic to chocolate who can eat Freddos and not die. They bring happiness in their little frogg-y form and cost around 17p each.
Those of you 90s kids out there who remember when they were 10p each, respect points earnt there.
Inflation hit everything, but Freddos are still great.

I'm thinking of promoting a new type of "F.A.G break" where instead of the word "fag" being slang for a cigarette, it will infact stand for "Freddos Are Great" and be a calling for all Freddo-eaters to congregate together and share a freddo or two. It's illegal indoors, it won't give you lung cancer and they can make you happy on even the most dreary day.

Excuse me, I need to go on a fag break.

No comments:

Post a Comment