Friday 2 November 2012

Apocalypse is Spelt "..c-a-l.." Who Knew?

This beautiful comic from Cyanide and Happiness really made me quite happy. I'm going to start doing this (If I remember, which is very unlikely since I forget most quirks I want to pick up...)

Oh god, It's been a long time since I did this. I feel bad. Sorry internet folk. I've had a few messages from you asking me to post- so here you go. This is a post.

News in 30 seconds: I did my first assignment and it went really well and I've handed it in and I'm waiting for marks. NEXT STORY. I found this new guy called Richard Wiseman (His REAL name) and he's a psychologist-come-magician and he has a really cool blog here. It's wonderful and his youtube channel is pretty immense too. I'm going into a placement in a reception class next Tuesday and then every Tuesday from then for 9 weeks to play with PLAYDOUGH and read STORIES and have NAPTIME. I chose a good degree.
THERE NEWS DONE. That's what I've been doing. Fill in the gaps with university, eating, sleeping, breathing and WATCHING TV.

Only two channels on my TV work. BBC 1 and 2. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. Maybe there's a bird nesting in our SKY DISH. Or something, who knows? but I've been watching everything a day or two behind everyone else. It's like unvoluntarily living in the past, since if I were to voluntarily do that, it wouldn't be a day or two ago. It'd be the 1920s. All that show girl, feathers and kicking about in smokey bars for gangsters to wolf whistle at us a few times? Lots of Bugsy Malone-type situations going on and a WHOLE LOAD of canes and pinstripes? Yeah. Yeah I could do that. (Not to forget Jessica Rabbit, everyone loves her!)
So what have I been watching?

Derren Brown. Mind-Blowing Extroadinaire. He is wonderful. He's like a strange demi-god with an even more powerful mind than THOR HIMSELF. His brand new show (Brown's... Not Thor...) is called "Apocalypse" and with anything, if you're one of my beloved American viewers, you've already seen the second half. Don't comment what happens or I'll have to set a rabid bear on you.
Basically, he's managed to convince a young man that the world has ended and he's moved him to a location far away from anything and has set up a fake hospital where he woke up in and everyone's infected... blah blah. The fact is, it's insane. The guy wakes up and GENUINLY believes he's smack bang in the middle of an apocalypse and is really quite scared. If you haven't watched it, do.
Because of TV not working, I have to wait until it comes on "Play it Again" Damn it.

Some people will get the picture, some won't. Here's to you picture---getters!

In the Comic world, other things are going on. Batman's desperately trying to save Comissioner Gordon whilst also trying to arrest Dollface and vainly hope the Joker doesn't reapper to claim his face (Which of course he will), Batwoman is teaming up with strange folks and protecting a lesbian couple, Transofmer's Infestation 2 is still impossible to follow, so I have no idea what's going on... in "Irresistable" a man has developed a power to make any woman he wants fall in love with him, and soon he's going to find out it's not all it's cracked up to be. Ask Tom Cruise. It turned him insane. Rest his tormented soul.

This has been a long one. I need to put another funny picture I found on the internet on the end of this to make it seem like a comic SANDWICH.


No comments:

Post a Comment