Sunday 4 November 2012

The Elephant With No Name

There's only 15,004 days left of oil according to Worldometers.com Does that scare you? No, me neither. That's an incomprehensible amount of days. That's more than 5 years, and I'm not interested to know how old I'm going to be in 5 years (Though at a guess, about... Twenty... thousand and sixty four, I think)

In my blog post "Apocalypse is spelt..." I mentioned an assignment that I had recently done on Drugs Education in schools and strangely enjoying doing it...
Anyway, writing essays, as with a lot of people I know, isn't the thing I find easiest in the slightest. and sometimes I found myself wandering to Facebook for a quick break and felt myself thinking "I wonder if I'll have time to finish this tomorrow" but no. I didn't do that, I finished the damn thing and I got it in with plenty of time to spare and it was such a good feeling.
and you know why I did that? Not only because I'm just awesome, but because of this guy:


 This is my new friend. He's an elephant. With an afro.
He's wonderful, he has a cheeky grin and I can assure you he's the most motivating face you'll ever look up and see. I found him in a sale basket in Claire's Accessories and when I took him to the counter, the lady had no idea they sold them. He was the last one and I was damn pleased that I got to take him home. He is yet to have a name. If anyone has any suggestions, do comment them down there somewhere and I'll choose one.

In Food News!
The photo on the left is a picture I took of the meal I got at the uni cafeteria. It's a pork mincemeat and apple pie with chips, broccoli and chips. and gravy.

CHIPS AND GRAVY. MMMM.

Oh, did I mention it only cost me £3.40?

I'll give you a second to pick your jaw up off the floor.
This, for those who don't recognise it immediately, is a Fray Bentos pie.

If you ever get the chance to cook up one of these tinned beauties. Do it. Do it so much you can't stand the sight of pie *No Guarantee you will ever reach this point*

Beware when boiling carrots though. They have to be boiled to death before they're squishy enough to be edible.



I don't think I need too much commentary with these photographs.

All I will tell you is that it's the writing on the pen that made me laugh when the tutor handed it to me to make a poster.

It actually means "Thick" in German. Which is also fairly amusing. It had a thick end and a thin end.




No. The other end did not say "Vagina".

No comments:

Post a Comment