Saturday 8 September 2012

Aren't Balloons Just the Best Things Ever?

To begin, I'd like to share with you a photograph I found in an album book.
Unfortunately, I don't know the photographer (If anyone does, please comment, I'd like to be his friend. Unless he's dead an' all... in which case... I'll just throw a fleeting thumbs up in an upward direction)

This. This is genuinly the look I possess whenever I'm bought, or I buy, a balloon.


You know the last time I bought a big balloon? It was a pirate ship. A massive FO Pirate Ship. [Just looked for pictures, apparently, none exist. Sad Panda.]



The one before that though. Wow, what a story. I'm pretty sure it's gone on my "Why Goat Isn't Allowed Past the Pearly Gates" list. I was at Chessington World of Adventures, on a school trip [That's right, my school went to freaking theme parks for school trips] and I was standing by the boat ride waiting for my friend to come out of the toilets after puking up the 3m jelly candy-snake she insisted on eating.... [Idiot. I told her that weight of e-numbers will only event in colourful throw-up. One day, people will appreciate my genius] and I saw a man-child using one of the toygrabbers there. Just as he walked away, he dropped a piece of paper on the ground. I was curious and bored, so approaching the paper, suddenly noticed what it was.
£5 was just laying there, holding it's papery arms up to me, offering it's warm, monetary embrace.
I took the £5 note. I just pocketed it and ran away. Did he miss it? Who knows. Did he even notice it was gone? I hope not.

Anyway. On the way out, there was a woman who looked like her pet rabbit had just been boiled by an over-protective exboyfriend selling balloons. My eyes lit up like a--- funnily enough, baby rabbit... Sick irony. And I ran to her. Spotting the bright pink dolphin I wanted to have, I grasped the string and held it aloft in just enough time for her to tell me the price.

"£5 please" You're joking. The sick winnings I got from a stranger, and I've just laundered it.


The balloon lasted about 2 weeks.

R.I.P Pinky The Dolphin.
R.I.P £5

No comments:

Post a Comment