Tuesday 14 August 2012

Exercise? What is This of Which You Speak?

A woman has been shouted at and generally abused by other mothers whilst she took a jog in the park because she was pregnant. Read the story here.

I always heard that it was better to exercise for the child's health?

I feel sorry for my future unborn children already. Exercise is my kryptonite. I don't appreciate it and it definitely doesn't make me produce--- dolphins or whatever they're called... which are meant to make me feel good...

I prefer McDonalds. and chips. and ice cream and OH GOD I WANT LUNCH NOW.


If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life. and only that.
I think I'd choose sweetcorn. Don't judge me. What would be yours? I demand you go out and buy it whatever it is now and consume some. Right now. I'm going to get some sweetcorn.


One food I wouldn't mind not existing? Flapjack.  [Haters gonna hate]
It's all nutty and squishy, but sometimes crumbly and it feels funny and it's never sugary enough and it gets stuck in your teeth and it smells odd and it goes everywhere and you can't dunk it in tea and it doesn't even improve with chocolate.

I once ate chocolate covered flapjack because it was the only chocolate in the house. I think that's something we've all done. Not just with flapjack, but other chocolate things that aren't meant to be consumed that we ate because it was the only chocolate in the house. Old chocolate that had melted and you put in the fridge to solidify, but for the last two weeks you've gone to get it out and it's got that freaky white dusting over it that says "This chocolate looks like it'll kill me if I eat it, or contract a virus" so you didn't eat it.

But then. One day. You haven't eaten since lunch time. You get in and you're STARVING. You don't want to ruin your dinner that's in the oven. So you hunt for some chocolate. You open the fridge hoping desperately that Santa has come by in the middle of summer and planted some chocolaty loveliness in your fridge. And that's when you see it. The white chocolate that used to be brown, milk chocolate. It stares at you. IT CALLS YOU.

and you do it. You eat it. It doesn't make you feel better, it fills that gap and you don't feel like eating chocolate anymore. But you nearly break your teeth eating it and it's just not satisfying.

Then 3 months later, you do it again and you'll do it again and you know it'll happen but you still deny that chocolate for long enough for it to gather white dust in the fridge. I think it might be dead-fridge-skin. It IS white after all.


ROMNOMNOMNOM



I'm going to go now. Need to buy some sweetcorn and check the fridge for Santa-chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment