Monday 13 August 2012

Leo Sayer; The Show Must Go On

So Tesco are going to introduce four different colours of bags for their dotcom department (The home-delivery service for those either too old, fat or lonely to bother going to the shops) so that dolphins can now have a choice in the colour of bag they choke on.

On the train on the way home- two stops down the line of the first out of three trains home a large lady gets on board speaking loudly into her telephone. The first bit I heard was "I don't want to shout at you when there's a coachfull of people listening but don't think I don't want to shout at you" after a long silence she finally decided the talk was over by hanging up with "Just put the potatoes in!"

This is possibly one of the best one-sided phone-fights with, who I can only imagine was her husband, that I've ever heard!

UP FOR DISCUSSION
On the District Line train to Ealing Broadway that I catch every morning, I go past a station that's called "St James's Park
My good friend known only as "Fish boy" thinks that this grammar is unacceptable. I think that it's just an age-old name that is supposed to be spelt like that. 

Maybe he's being pernickety, maybe I'm just giving London the benefit of the doubt.




[I was told that I had to credit a certain clown for the joke about the dolphin. To be honest, if it offended you- it was his fault. However, if you laughed like a little child at christmas- it was me. All me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment