Friday 27 July 2012

Dead Tortoises.

Watching the Olympics opening ceremony.

The beginning was--- alright. Rowan Atkinson made things much better than they were. The annoying cut screens were annoying. The comentator was--- unneeded.

Still on G...

Very slowly the room around me just figured out that our team won't be on until U being "United Kingdom" well shit.

Favourite Moment so far? Ecaudor. Not because of their flag, not because the comentators mentioned their sports history like they did for all of the other teams. But because they were introduced as the country who let George the tortoise die. Sweet.

Oh and the noticeable cringe when we started mentioning the way and Germany was backstage. Har. Har.

Working in the morning will be fun. Getting up after a late night. Pretty jimmied-up on Pimms right now. Spent the National Anthem on my feet with one hand over my heart, the other saluting to her Majesty herself.

Can't QUITE believe we allowed "Soulja Boy" or whoever the f*ck you spell it to be part of the things Britain's proud of.

The Queen looks pretty unimpressed.

I have a driving temptation to yell "FLAG BEARER" at the screen as I would if I were playing Dynasty Warriors on PS3. Whenever I see one of those fat men running about with a honking great flag, I can't help myself but to yell angrily at them, chase them and then hack them down. Wish I could chase all of the flag bearers for the countries before us just to make them hurry up.

Come on Danny Boyle. Get a jiggy on. I'm sleepy now. and if David "I-get-paid-to-take-my-clothes-off-and-be-married-to-a-hair-pin" Beckham gets to light the beacon over Boris Johnson, I'll be pretty upset to be honest. I might cry.
Someone get me a tissue.

No comments:

Post a Comment