Wednesday 11 July 2012

Wrinkly Toothpaste? Challenge Accepted.

This morning I was brought pizza in bed for breakfast at 12:34pm. Be jelly.
Before eating though, it's obviously the correct thing to do to remove the fuzzy feeling from one's teeth before eating by cleaning one's fangs. So off I popped to the bathroom and I am faced with my first moral-challenge. On the windowsill sat a perfectly brand-new, un-opened tube of toothpaste. On the sink however, there lay, staring up at me with it's old, wise snout a tube of wrinkly, weeks-old rolled-up toothpaste. Being a child of the internet, my first thoughts were "Challenge accepted"
I won said challenge and had perfectly shiny teeth after using every strength I had to roll just another inch out of that tube.

After an un-ending further battle with my TV aerial over which channels it could find suitable signal for and which ones it couldn't, I gave up and grabbed my recently purchased copy of Resident Evil 4: Wii edition.
Now then. I vowed, a very long time ago that I would never touch that game with a barge pole again ever since playing it with someone who was so obsessed with it they got a tattoo of the "umbrella" on their back... o.e
But, I vaguely remembered playing a wii version that was a rail shooter. They're my favourite- Point and shoot games are wonderful when done well and I was really looking forward to it.
==Warning! Vague Spoilers!==
So at the beginning of the game, the cop who's accompanying you to go find the president's daughter gets out, take a slash, is watched by something and gets back in again. Pretty standard. When you get to the "edge of a village" they kick you out to go and "look around" This instruction is---- not too suitable for the controls as there's no "look around" option. To get the camera to look where you want, you have to be staring RIGHT at it. The wii fell over at this point a little as there's only one control stick. Later, by myself [more on that in a minute] I found a very poor "look around" option which doesn't work quick enough to see the zombies with axes before they were hacking into my skull like pscyhotic clowns. Anyway, after running out of ammo, not being told how to reload by the game that just throws you into the deep end with no guidance and vainly throwing the wii remote around to use the "knife" I got killed within 15 minutes and gave up. I'll try again when I can be bothered to have to focus on moving AND shooting as opposed to pointing and shooting. Need to find out which one that was... maybe number 0?


ANYWAY- Just ordered a tonne of Todd McFarlane's Spawn toys. Pretty stoked for recieving them in the post ^^ Going to be spending my next paycheck on some more. They're so pretty. Check here for what I'm on about if you don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment