Tuesday 10 July 2012

I'm Your Venus, I'm Your Fire...

So, sitting in the sexual health clinic (Picking up more anti-baby pills) the radio is quietly poking some music into the tense near-silence of the waiting room. You know that sort of silence that says "There's 5 people in here.... statistically--- one of us has an STI" Anyway, as I calmly realise it's been a whole 20 minutes waiting time already, some familiar lyrics make all of the people in there prick their ears up. "Ooh, she's got it, yeah baby she's got it. Ooh, I'm your venus, I'm your fire- your desire" We all had a small chuckle and felt how ironic it was. I love moments that bring complete strangers into some sort of understanding with eachother. Even if this connection lasts less than a few minutes.
Part 2 of my exciting [and hideously lengthy] trip to the waiting room had me approached by the little lady who runs admin at the front desk. She approached me with a blue token and told me that "We've been bought by Virgin Care and they're pretty serious about their customer feedback, please just place the token in a box over there that you find reflects your visit here today" with a smile she was off. I'm going to skillfully and very maturely ignore the fact that the company that now owns them is called "Virgin..." [Whoever named that company needs a slap. Future post right there I think]
Now, I being a kindly, helpful citizen was more than happy to take part and at the end didn't hesitate to approach the box marked with both a smiley face and "10/10" However, I couldn't help but feel that the statistics among us who leave with the news that they've caught chlamydia from the friendly neighbourhood postman will be a tad biased. Although I found it perfectly easy to base my "score" on the staff, facilities and my visit there, others with less fortunate news may judge their score on what they didn't recieve from the friendly staff, but instead--- their one night stand.

In other news.
One Direction have split. I hope that lots of you have gone "I don't know what that means" and to you people, I commend you. To you who are jumping around and doing a computer-chair dance. You can be my friends. and to those who have just widened your eyes at the computer, whailed loudly and begun to cry. Please go and listen to something decent.

Click here for the slightly less biased [and a little more factual] story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment