Friday 13 July 2012

In Other News! Torture! Yeah.

So my first Todd McFarlane toy arrived today in the mail. I wasn't excited to hear the postman wake me up with the doorbell, but I was excited to see my name on the package. I've purchased three of them and will do a little review-y on all of them, and maybe some more I get in the future. If I do get anymore. The one I got recently was one of Clive Barker's "Tortured Souls" series 2. The're a new set I've found recently and... frankly. I love them. The detail is astounding, the concepts are scary and frightening and the packaging is user-friendly. Ish.
Firstly- I think that these packages were meant to be kept as display-boxes as opposed to actually being opened as there's no easy way to get into it without ripping it to pieces with scissors *sad face* but I really think seeing the toy in 360 degrees instead of what you can see through the packaging is worth it considering the attention to detail that is obvious EVERYWHERE on the figure, not just the front. No hideous screws or loose patches on the backs.
The modelling and painting is exquisite, and I urge you all to go and check out SPAWN.com immediately.
The model itself is exactly that, it's a model. Not a figure or a toy, really. They don't move, there's not a tonne of posability (If any at all) but mine has come with pretty nifty accesories. I get a detachable tray that seems to be collecting blood from one of his severed limbs and a hannibal-like mask is in there too that goes on and off his face. I love it.

Hannibal and Dennis Neilson would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment